So you went to a childbirth class here in New Jersey and someone casually asked "are you having your placenta encapsulated?" Either you had absolutely no idea what they were talking about, or you hadn't really considered doing it. Now you are curious. What is it? Should I do it? How will it benefit me? Are there any risks?
To answer most peoples first question, placenta encapsulation is the art of taking your placenta post birth, dehydrating it, and turning it into capsules for you to consume during your postpartum period. There are two main preparation methods that are used, the Traditional Method and the Raw method. We go over what both are and what we recommend here. Through our certifying organization, we have been thoroughly trained on how to safely prepare your placenta for consumption. However, we are pretty sure you came here more interested in WHY you should consume your placenta.
Consuming your placenta post birth has been reported to have many benefits, including:
- An increased milk supply, with mothers also reporting that they produce "fattier" milk, which aids in making those chunky babies we all absolutely drool over
- Decreased risk of postpartum depression and other related postnatal mood disorders
- Woman report having more overall energy, even during those first few weeks of minimal sleep
- Birth is tough on the body, but mothers who consumed their placenta post birth reported a much quicker healing time
- Crying over your beautiful new little one is totally normal, but your placenta capsules can help with those moments where you find yourself literally crying for no reason, also known as those pesky "baby blues"
Adjusting to a new baby, whether it is your first, or your seventh can be tough, and down right overwhelming at times. Your placenta was created by your body, for you and your baby, and contains no chemicals or additives. It can safely be turned into a hormonal supplement that was tailored just for you. Why not use it for a more blissful, balanced postpartum? We believe having your placenta turned into capsules can be one of the most valuable things you can do for yourself after baby.
But is it safe? We wouldn't offer our services to our clients if we didn't feel 100% confident in the product we create. Safety is our biggest concern, and we have listed what sets us apart from other encapsulators here. Not only are we trained on how to properly prepare your placenta, but we have also been trained on when NOT to encapsulate, which in most cases, is even more important!